The Office of Student Outreach Programs was created to enhance the mission of the VCU School of Medicine through recruitment, retention, and programming efforts targeting students from populations that include, but are not limited to:
- Racial/ethnic minority backgrounds
- First generation college students or consider themselves as disadvantaged
- Populations underrepresented in medicine
- Those from rural backgrounds
- Persons considered non-traditional students
Our services are available for medical students, current and future and undergraduate, post baccalaureate and non-traditional students with an interest in careers as physicians. Students will be encouraged through step by step guidance, support, mentoring, and advocacy.
Telephone and in-person appointments may be made by contacting the Student Outreach Office at 804-828-9630.