Our goal is to help faculty succeed in their chosen endeavors of teaching, research, patient care or administration, with sustained vitality throughout their careers.
We develop and guide enrichment activities for SOM faculty in areas of career development, teaching, research, clinical practice and administration.
Specific activities include:
- periodic assessment of faculty needs and programs for SOM
- orientation program for new faculty
- workshops on teaching and learning
- seminars on research and medical education
- faculty training on production and use of instructional technology in medical education
- brokering and promoting faculty career development and leadership training activities locally and nationally
- assisting in the design of faculty development programs conducted by departments, the Curriculum Office and special programs such as:
- coordinating and promoting faculty career development activities and issues within the University