Professional Development Events 2016
Professional Development Calendar 2016
VCU School of Medicine, Office of Faculty Affairs
Workshops/Seminars for Teaching/Career Development
The Office of Faculty Affairs offers a series of Lunchtime Learning hands-on interactive workshops focusing on a variety of topics in innovative teaching. These workshops draw on research-based best practices to help faculty consider ways to enhance student learning in and out of the classroom. Please register for these "Lunchtime Learning" workshops at go.vcu.edu/iteach
We also offer to new faculty professional development opportunities covering a broad spectrum of strategies and tools that will facilitate teaching, research and service. Please see these opportunities listed in the table below. The VCU community are welcome to attend.
Lunches are provided, RSVPs are required. Contact Deborah Stewart for more information.
For more information, see the full event calendar here.
ADDITIONAL VCU professional development opportunities
- iTeach website, go.vcu.edu/iteach. This new VCU School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs faculty development website serves as a central resource for sharing innovative teaching strategies in medical education and highlighting the best practices of VCU School of Medicine (VCU SOM) faculty.
- Center for Human Simulation & Patient Safety, VCU Medical Center & School of Medicine, contact Dr. Ellen Brock, Medical Director, 828-3914, http://www.medsim.som.vcu.edu/
- VCU Center for Clinical & Translational Research training programs (workshops, certificate, master’s, PhD) http://www.cctr.vcu.edu/index.html, contact Dr. Pamela Dillon, Research Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org, 827-1519
- VCU Office of Research: grant writing, IRB, other workshops to support research http://www.research.vcu.edu/index.htm
- VCU Preparing Future Faculty Program, http://www.graduate.vcu.edu/programs/pff/index.html
- VCU Libraries Workshops/Tutorials, http://www.library.vcu.edu/services/classes-workshops/
- VCU Technology Services, Technology Training Resources, http://www.ts.vcu.edu/
- Grace Harris Leadership Institute, University Leadership Program, https://www.gehli.vcu.edu/ and Department Chairs Training https://gehli.vcu.edu/programs/department-chairs-certification/