- The Secrets of the Sequence Video Series - understand the relevance of scientific discovery by studying new advances in the life sciences; explore the scientific and ethical implications of genetic research; become enthusiastic about science and science careers; develop critical thinking skills and make sound decisions.
- Project ACEe - a program targeting disadvantaged high school student, to promote and encourage health awareness, interest, ability and/or commitment in pursuing a career in medicine. The program is a five-month academic enrichment experience designed to expose students from the Richmond Metropolitan area to the health professions, specifically medicine, and to provide them with academic survival skills. It also provides students with clinical experiences, through which they gain first-hand knowledge about medical careers.
- VCU Division of Community Engagement - facilitates and coordinates innovative academic programs, on and off campus, to enhance the community’s access to VCU; creates opportunities for interdisciplinary, community-based collaborations that integrate research, teaching and service.
- VCU Center on Health Disparities - one of the Center's mission is to enhance workforce diversity by increasing the number of underrepresented minority health professions students, faculty and health care staff at the VCU Medical Center.
- The Mayfield Handbook - provides valuable information regarding technical and scientific writing.