Welcome to M.D. Program
Family Medicine Scholars Training and Admissions Track
fmSTAT is a program for candidates who are committed to Family Medicine as their medical specialty career choice. In addition to a standard School of Medicine application and interview, fmSTAT applicants must also complete the fmSTAT supplemental application and interview process. Up to 10 students will be selected for this scholars track each year.
fmSTAT is for students who are committed to becoming family physicians.
fmSTAT students will:
- Have preferential placement with specially chosen family physician teachers
- Be grouped with other like-minded and committed peers for selected experiences
- Be assigned family physician mentors throughout the four-year experience
- Learn core family medicine content through semi-annual retreat and seminar sessions
- Be preferentially considered for paid summer research programs and Family Medicine scholarships
- Be required to complete a scholarly project
- Be required to complete one family medicine acting internship and one advance family medicine elective in fourth year
- Receive a scholars’ designation in the MSPE (Dean’s) letter
- Apply to match in a Family Medicine residency program (more than 300 programs across the country) for graduate training
fmSTAT graduates will serve the health care needs of communities everywhere.