Welcome to Faculty Development
VCU School of Medicine faculty development resources are located at http://go.vcu.edu/iteach. This site serves as a central resource for sharing innovative teaching strategies in medical education and highlighting the best practices of VCU School of Medicine (VCU SOM) faculty. It includes:
- Teaching Strategies – Training modules containing best practice videos and resources for writing learning objectives, using small group interactive strategies, and implementing team-based learning.
- Featured Faculty – Narratives of VCU SOM faculty making it real in and out of the classroom.
- Teaching Talks – Audio and video podcasts on diverse topics in teaching and learning.
- Teaching Tips – Helpful tips and articles about innovations in medical education.
- Lunchtime Learning – A schedule of interactive workshops.
- Conversations – A public forum to share ideas and enable online faculty engagement.
All faculty are also invited to visit and subscribe to the iTeach website for updates, and follow @VCUSOMITEACH on Twitter!
A list of upcoming faculty development workshops is available here: http://wp.vcu.edu/iteach/workshop-calendar/
Information about the TiME (Teaching in Medical Education) Faculty Fellows program is available here: http://go.vcu.edu/time
WISDM (Women in Science, Dentistry and Medicine): http://www.medschool.vcu.edu/wims/