Happy New Year, everyone!
A new year is a time for reflection and resolutions. As we consider the year ahead, the priorities for my interim role remains:
- Continued work on the SOM strategic plan, which we launched last year.
- Diversity and inclusive excellence, where we will continue to advance the work of the Inclusion Council and department DEI leaders.
- Strengthening of our BHS departments and their research and education missions.
- LCME accreditation preparation, which is well underway with seven subcommittees working diligently on our Data Collection Instrument.
- Enhancing our supports for addressing stress and ensuring wellness.
We anticipate the completion of our search and arrival of the new dean this year. Another priority is to ensure the smooth transition to ensure the mutual success of the new dean and the school of medicine. We continue our work to make our School of Medicine the best place to learn, research, and work. Through our collaboration with VCUHealth, we will continue to provide the highest quality and most compassionate medical care medical care for the region.
Please join me in welcoming this new year as a time when we succeed in learning, educating and advancing the medicine, science and health together.