Next week, we will have the pleasure of recognizing a stellar group of distinguished SOM faculty members for their excellence in teaching (clinical and basic sciences), humanism, patient care, professional achievement and leadership during the 22nd Annual Faculty Excellence Awards Program.
The honorees include:
- Dr. John Bigbee, professor of anatomy and neurobiology – Enrique Gerszten, M.D. Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, our highest recognition for teaching
- Dr. Jason Kidd, associate professor of internal medicine – Irby-James Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching
- Dr. Ananda Amstadter, associate professor of psychiatry – Distinguished Mentor Award
- Dr. Kenneth Ellenbogen, professor of internal medicine – Distinguished Mentor Award
- Dr. Georgia McIntosh, associate professor of internal medicine – Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award presented by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Dr. Joyce Lloyd, professor of human and molecular genetics – Women in Science, Dentistry and Medicine Professional Achievement Award
- Dr. Mark Ryan, associate professor of family medicine and population health – MCV Physicians Distinguished Clinician Award
- Dr. Danielle Noreika, associate clinical professor of internal medicine – VCU/VCUHS Leadership in Graduate Medical Education "LGME" Award, Fellowship Director Award
- Dr. Emma Fields, associate professor of radiation oncology – VCU/VCUHS Leadership in Graduate Medical Education "LGME" Award, Program Director Award
- Kevin Keller, program coordinator for emergency medicine – VCU/VCUHS Leadership in Graduate Medical Education "LGME" Award, Program Coordinator Award
We welcome your participation in celebrating our distinguished colleagues by attending the virtual awards program on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 12 – 1 p.m. All faculty, graduate and medical students, housestaff, postdocs, administrators and staff are invited to attend the ceremony, which will be livestreamed on the School of Medicine website.
I hope you will join me in congratulating this year’s Faculty Excellence Awards winners. Our learners, school and institution benefit tremendously because of the dedication and commitment they – and you – demonstrate every day. Thank you for your leadership.
With all good wishes,
Peter F. Buckley, M.D.
Dean, VCU School of Medicine
Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs, VCU Health System