MCV Hospitals Ethics Committee
Welcome to MCV Hospitals Ethics Committee
The MCVH Ethics Committee meets two times a month to review cases and policies. These primarily involve patient care within VCUHS, but occasionally the committee reviews cases from outside institutions where our faculty also work. Anyone connected to a case can ask for the committee’s input—patient, family, nurses, students, housestaff, attendings, consultants, or others.
To speak with an ethics committee member call 804-828-0938.
- Barton Bobb, NP, Oncology Business Administration
- Patrick J. Coyne, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., B.C., Oncology/Palliative Care, VCUHS
- Marjolein deWit, MD, Department of Internal Medicine
- Robert Donovan, MD, Department of Internal Medicine
- John Douglass, J.D., Attorney, University of Richmond
- Ken Faulkner, Patient Counseling, Pastoral Care, VCUHS
- David Friedel, MD, Department of Pediatrics
- Emily Garofalo, R.N., Pediatric ICU, VCUHS
- Denese Gomes, R.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., Pediatric NP, Infectious Diseases, VCUHS
- Michael Goodman, J.D., Attorney, Goodman, Allen & Filetti
- Ann Hamric, Associate Dean, School of Nursing
- James Levenson, M.D., Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Sheila Nichols-Bullock, Social Work, VCU
- Linda Pearson, MCVH Administration
- Elizabeth Sonntag, MD, Department of Internal Medicine
- Pawan Suri, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Lex Tartaglia, Senior Associate Dean, Patient Counseling, VCUHS
Ethics committee list updated July 14, 2015.