Welcome to Resources
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- VCU Health System
- VCU School of Medicine
- VCU School of Dentistry
- VCU School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs
- VCU Office of Continuing Medical Education
- VCU Institute for Women's Health
- Women's Health Residency Training at VCU
- University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Virginia Tech
- Richmond Academy of Medicine, Inc.
- The Virginia Network
- National Institutes of Health—Women in Biomedical Careers
- Women in Biomedical Research: Best Practices for Sustaining Career Success: proceedings from a meeting; 2008 March 4; Bethesda, MD. Bethesda: Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health; 2009. 50 p. A joint effort by the National Center for Research Resources and the Office of Research on Women’s Health for the National Institutes of Health Working Group on Women in Biomedical Careers.
- National Leadership Workshop on Mentoring Women in Biomedical Careers: proceedings from a meeting, 2007 November 27-28; Bethesda, MD. Bethesda: Office of Research on Women's Health, National Institutes of Health; 2008. 83 p. A joint effort by the National Institutes of Health Working Group on Women in Biomedical Careers and the Office of Research on Women’s Health.
The following article(s) may require subscriptions. Wherever possible, these are provided freely to the VCU community via the VCU LIbraries’ proxy server. Visitors from outside VCU may need to check for local availability.
- Increasing Women’s Leadership in Academic Medicine: Report of the AAMC Project Implementation Committee. Academic Medicine. 2002;77(10):1043–61.
- Can Evidence Inform the Debate? (Why Aren't More Women in Science?) [PDF] Science. 2007;317:199–200.
- Graceful Self-Promotion—It's Essential [PDF] Academic Physician & Scientist. February 2004;2-3.
- Birth Trends and Pregnancy Complications among Women Urologists [PDF], Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Vol. 208, No. 2, February 2009, pps 293 - 298.
- Promotion Rates for First-time Assistant and Associate Professors Appointed from 1967 to 1997. [PDF] AAMC Analysis in Brief, Vol. 9, No. 7, May 2010.
- Searching for Excellence & Diversity: Increasing the Hiring of Women Faculty at One Academic Medical Center, Academic Medicine, Vol. 85, No. 6 / June 2010.
- MomMD©, the online community for women in medicine