The strategic planning process was designed to:
- Espouse an inclusive process
- Respect people’s time commitments
- Include multiple modalities of engagement
- Adjust for the post-pandemic environment
July – Aug. 2021
- Kick-off meeting held with stakeholder group members.
- Series of virtual mini-retreats with stakeholder groups focused on undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education, graduate education, research, staff and faculty development and financial sustainability.
Sept. – Nov. 2021
- Dean's Senior Leadership Team synthesized and incorporated input gathered during the mini-retreats.
Nov. – Dec. 2021
- School of Medicine faculty, staff and students reviewed the draft plan and provided input.
Dec. 2021 – Jan. 2022
- Faculty, staff and student input was integrated into the plan.
March – June 2022
- Dean's Senior Leadership Team and goal champions finalized goals, action items and metrics.
- Final plan implemented.