The VCU School of Medicine offers many ways to stay involved with fellow alumni and current medical students:
- Upcoming alumni events
- Supper club
- MCV campus tours
- Class chair opportunities
- Continuing Medical Education
- Grand rounds
For more alumni information, please contact the medical school's alumni and development office at 804-828-4800.
Alumni in Action
Returning to Campus to Share Experiences
Our medical students benefit from opportunities to interact with alumni at lunch lectures and alumni panels held throughout the year. Alumni visit campus to share their experiences with students, speaking on topics as diverse as managing the business of medicine, the work of Virginia’s Chief Medical Examiner and the challenges of balancing work and home life.
- Read about Rebecca Bigoney, M'79, who spoke to incoming students about medical ethics, and Sebastian Joyce, PhD’88, who offered five commandments for young scientists.
The Registrar's Office of the School of Medicine can provide alumni with:
Alumni Transcripts and Dean's Letters may be requested from the School of Medicine's Registrar's Office. Instructions are available at the Registrar's Office webpage.
Official transcripts can now be requested and purchased online via our web app. You may also request and purchase official transcripts through the School of Medicine Registrar's Office, located in MMEC room 4-225, or via mail by completing a Transcript Request Form and mailing it along with your payment to the address below:
Registrar, School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University
McGlothlin Medical Education Center (MMEC),
1201 E Marshall St., 4th Floor
Richmond, VA 23298-0565
Email: Heather.Davison@vcuhealth.org or Carol.Kennon@vcuhealth.org
Requests for duplicate diplomas should be directed to VCU's Office of Records and Registration. A form is available online at Duplicate Diploma Request Form [PDF]. The form requires a student ID number, which the medical school's Registrar's Office can supply: phone 804-828-9793.
The cost of ordering a duplicate diploma is $16. The completed form, along with a personal check or money order, should be mailed to:
VCU Office of Records & Registration
Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
Richmond, VA 23284-2520
School of Medicine eNews is prepared by the School of Medicine's Alumni and Development Office. If you would like to subscribe to future issues, please send an email to MedAlum@vcu.edu.
- Fall 2019, Volum 18, Number 4
- Summer 2019, Volume 18, Number 3
- Spring 2019, Volume 18, Number 2
- Winter 2019, Volume 18, Number 1
- Fall 2018, Volume 17, Number 4
- Summer 2018, Volume 17, Number 3
- Spring 2018, Volume 17, Number 2
- Winter 2018, Volume 17, Number 1
- Fall 2017, Volume 16, Number 4
- Summer 2017, Volume 16, Number 3
- Spring 2017, Volume 16, Number 2
- Winter 2017, Volume 16, Number 1
- Fall 2016, Volume 15, Number 4
- Summer 2016, Volume 15, Number 3
- Spring 2016, Volume 15, Number 2
- Winter 2016, Volume 15, Number 1
- Spring 2019, Volume 6, Number 1
- Fall 2018, Volume 5, Number 2
- Spring 2018, Volume 5, Number 1
- Fall 2017, Volume 4, Number 2
- Spring 2017, Volume 4, Number 1
- Fall 2016, Volume 3, Number 2
- Spring 2016, Volume 3, Number 1
- Fall 2015, Volume 2, Number 2
- Spring 2015, Volume 2, Number 1
- Fall 2014, Volume 1, Number 1
Share your latest news and addresses
Have you moved to a new city? Landed a new job? Welcomed a new addition to the family? Please fill out the form below and share your news with us!