The strategic planning process has been designed to:
- Align with VCU and VCU Health System strategic plans
- Espouse an inclusive process
- Respect people’s time commitments
- Include multiple modalities of engagement
- Adjust for the post-pandemic environment
July – August 2021
- Kick-off meeting with all stakeholder group members.
- Series of virtual mini-retreats with stakeholder groups focused on undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education, graduate education, research, staff and faculty development and financial sustainability.
- Edit overall plan based on input gathered during the mini-retreats.
September – October 2021
- Dean's Senior Leadership Team reviews overall plan.
- School of Medicine faculty, staff and students have the opportunity to review and provide input.
- Dean's Senior Leadership Team incorporates feedback and finalizes plan.
- Final plan is implemented.