Office of Research Administration
Welcome to Office of Research Administration
Where do I get started?
Preparing to submit a sponsored project proposal?
The SOM Proposal Submission Process explains what to do first.
Need to get a Dean's Office signature on a research-related form?
Are you an investigator or faculty member?
Please visit the Investigator Tools section for required training, information on joint VA appointments, and roles and responsibilities.
Looking for guidance in a particular area?
- Finding Funding Opportunities
- Using the Research Dashboard
- Guide to Obtaining Review and Signature in the SOM Research Administration Office
- Frequently Used Log In Portals
- Required Training for Investigators
- Department Guidance for Submitting Fixed Price Closeouts
- SOM Evaluation of Fixed Price Closeout Requests
Find out about upcoming SOM Research Administration meetings and trainings! Go to training.vcu.edu, choose the sponsor, “Medicine,” and click “Search.”
The School of Medicine’s Office of Research Administration provides support to all departments and centers with active research within the school as well as represents the school’s research administration interests within the university community. We strive to conduct business in an efficient and professional manner, working to improve research administration infrastructure in order to most effectively support the research mission of the university.
How We Can Help You
The Research Administration staff works with departments and centers to establish efficient and effective administrative operations, develop best practices for managing research portfolios and provide training and technical support to administrative staff and faculty. We work to ensure compliance with federal, state, university and sponsor policies and regulations pertaining to appropriate administrative and financial management of research projects throughout the award life cycle.
Specific areas we are able to help provide support and training include:
- Proposal submissions
- Financial management of sponsored awards
- Reconciliation and records retention
- Effort allocation and management
- Clinical research administration
- Project closeouts
- In addition, we can provide short- and long-term support to areas within the school for day-to-day research administration and management.
Research Administration is also responsible for monitoring sponsored programs activity on the school level and assisting departments/centers to address any compliance concerns.
For general questions or requests for assistance, email email@example.com.
For questions about submitting proposals through the School of Medicine, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or requests for assistance with clinical research administration, email email@example.com.